Johncms Full installation guide
With the rapid increase in the use of mobile devices and companies patronizing mobile adds and products the need for wap based site becomes inevitable. Normally open source scripts like the smf , phpbb and the rest have good mod for mobile interface but that isn't what we gotta deal with here. we wanna consider a situation where you will have a mobile sites/forum equipped with options like
1. gallery , 2. downloads , 3. status update 4. Live users activities update 5.news , 6. Library , 7. Photo album 8. guestbook 9. live admin and etc all in one script plus option to download and install other modification depending on your personal need, in fact it's just a complete mobile forum scripts .
Installation guide for Johncms
Just like every other open source script it isn't difficult to install but not fewer persons encounter problem after uploading the files.
Now follow this to install johncms easily. download johncms open source script from http://johncms.com/download/?cat=128
Just extract the content of the zip or tar file into a folder of your choice open the install.txt file you will see this instruction which is the only instruction provided
The following conditions are necessary for good work of the system:
1) The version PHP is not low than 5.1
2) MySQL of the version is not slow than 4.1
3) Support is .htaccess
Before you begin the procedure of installation you should input this address in browser: http://your.site/install
Start the installer and folow the instructions.
- delete the catalog /install
- set up permissions (CHMOD) 755 for the folder /incfiles
- set up permissions (CHMOD) 644 for the file /incfiles/db.php
at times users do not find this instruction completely enough to get them rolling on their new wap/mobile forum.
1. after extracting the contents of the zip /tar file
2. download cute ftp home edition from http://www.globalscape.com/downloads/cuteftp.aspx
or filezilla from http://filezilla-project.org/download.php/
3. lunch the ftp program and login to your cpanel
4. copy all the contents of the previously extracted files to root directory (puplic_www) of the folder you want your mobile forum to link to
5. Edit the content of
leaving it completely empty (delete every thing there and save it)
6. point your browser to www.yousite.com/install
if other than the root page)
7. follow the onscreen instruction and correct any php error detected using your ftp software to do all the necessary CHMOD required by the script to install correctly
8. Create a new mysql database from your cpanel using the mysql wizard then link your newly created mysql database to installer option of johncms leaving the default link as localhost
9. create admin and settings your mobile forum is live and accessible.
leave your comments if you need help.