this is a topic I created recently on my blog and wouldn't want any webmaster to miss it, it's all about alternatives to already crowded & popular joomla/ wordpress.
While there is no known permanent means to stopping h*ckers from penetrating your site there are security measure you must apply if you are to use joomla or wordpress for your site or client website. Now this security measures requires advance knowledge in php editing else install these recommended plugin / module and update frequently to scare most newbie h*ckers away from tampering with your site or client website. If you have time and will like to learn new cms platform that are too secured and less popular than these two then below is top seven free cms alternative to WordPress & joomla you can use for your site / client website.
1.Pyrocms you can learn about it from their official site https://www.pyrocms.com/
2. Expression Engine their official website is found @ http://www.expressionengine.com/
3. Symphony Cms If you have good idea on any of joomla / wordpress then you can use symphony cms download and learn more about it from their official site located @ http://symphony-cms.com/
4. Concrete5 You can download and learn about concrete5 from http://www.concrete5.org/
5. Modx This is a very easy to use open source cms platform their official website is located @ http://modx.com/
6. Contao their official website is located @ http://contao.org/en/
7. Life Type Blogging Platform . you can download , install or learn more about life type from http://lifetype.net/
8. Drupal the official site for drupal is http://drupal.org/