If you don't know before now, most zip / rar
files that are found online are broken, by
broken I mean unaccessible and this can be
frustrating if you are really in need of the
Most zip/rar files become broken due to
incomplete compression or archiving by the
original (pioneer) user.
Imagine after completing the download of a file
that is over 2gb in size, then you try extracting
it then discover that it is broken, that can be
very frustrating and annoying.
If you ever find yourself in this position, don't
get annoyed because today am going to show
you how to repair the broken Zip/Rar archives
in order to extract your files from it.
HOW TO REPAIR BROKEN ZIP/WINRAR
Don't panic because this is a very short and
easy to understand tutorial.
1. By now I guess you already have winrar
achiver installed in your system.
2. Locate your broken zip/rar file you wish to
3. On your pc keyboard press the Alt+R
buttons, this will bring out the winrar repair
4. Once the dialog pops up, select your desired
location where you want to save the file after
5. After doing the above, check the box that
reads "Treat corrupt archive as RAR".
6. If you have successfully done the above
steps without any mistakes, Click the OK
7. Wait till winrar repairs your broken file, if
completed successfully your repaired archive
will be found in the location you specified
Now your broken zip/rar archive has being
repaired and you can now extract your files.
source : www.vicwapblog.com