As expected, Nokia has rolled out the first firmware update for Nokia N97 earlier this morning.
Software will be progressively available for most of the generic product codes as FOTA update but additionally this software release is also available through the Nokia Software updater so you can get it through your PC as well.
According to Nokia Software Updater team, this software release includes significant improvements in the software stability, especially email, imaging, USB detection, widget stability and display transitions.
To enable you to get the most out of your Nokia N97, the release also includes an Ovi store client. Further application updates will become available soon.
To get this software through your device,
select Applications > SW Updates and choose the software you want to update.
Additionally this software release is available through the Nokia Software Updater.
Full change log is available below:
USB detection error fix
* PC does not detect N97 or USB charging connection not detected.
* Home screen online/offline widget crash fix
* Fix for “Alphabetical and Number input are mixed in facebook until end key is pressed.
* Widget UI improvement – New facebook widget fixes a problem of Home Screen background visible on soft-key area.
* Browser fixes to improve widgets stability.
MfE related fixes
* Partial fix for Messaging/calendar entry lost.
* Mail for exchange calendar entry synchronization error fix.
UI transition error fixes (Portrait <-> landscape transition, there is a home screen corruption.)
* UI transition (Slowness and bad effects)
* Slow Touch UI response
* Picture of the device lock appears half of the screen when transitioning the UI sometimes
* Landscape: in some cases the soft buttons on touch (right hand) show the Home Screen in background (install maps.google.com)
Photos thumbnail performance and stability improvements
* Device performance deteriorates when lots of content in the device – especially photos
* Partial fix no display backlight illumination when unlocking lock-key – CAP Genius reported already
* New version of Accueweather to improve the “Connection error” situation
* Device reset when browsing with high speed packet access (for Malaysia )
* “Browser soft key UI doesn’t work after putting Chinese character with qwerty keyboard”
* Java fixes (TCK, Pre-install app disappearing, *#7370#*)
* Operator fixes (CMCC, Hutchson and Telefonica, Vodafone)
* Ovi store client now embedded in the core image