What's new

Wanna add/remove extra menu buttons after "home" on smf Navigation bar?

gurusmaker

Active Techie
Just felt like sharing this after redirecting my homepage obasimvilla.com to the forum 'cos the need for me to add individual pages arose .

Of-course it wasn't a problem as I've have been very good with smf . There are basically many ways you can achieve this especially by using mod (regular users ) or custom editing (super users). There are many modification (mod) you can use to achieve this but I will be talking of one that is very easy and needs no advance knowledge of smf platform.

Custom action mod can be used to create custom individual pages in smf  , can be used as well to create single php shopping , html pages , adverts and etc. all you need do is download the latest version of custom action mod from smf mod site , install and add action via admin=> Features and options => new action

If what you need is just to add "blog"  "link" etc. to your smf site just read on.

Firstly, log in to your cpanel => Go to: Sources => Locate Subs.php => Download and edit with any website editing app, notepad or default cpanel editor

Find:
Code:
 'home' => array(
            'title' => $txt['home'],
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'help' => array(
            'title' => $txt['help'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
Assuming you wanna add your next link immediately after "home" just place
Code:
),
         'Blog' => array(
            'title' => 'Blog',
            'href' => 'http://www.obasimvilla.com/blog',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
below (immediately after)
Code:
 'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
or any other you wanna do so . follow same instruction to remove anyone you wanna remove