What's new

Downloading problem

Yankees

New Techie
Why is it that, whenever I copy and paste the downloading link of any file into a downloader to download, instead of downloading the file, it will just download the page. I have tried it in FDM and IDM and few other downloaders too. any solution please?

It's simple man most download link aren't really a direct link to the file but rather a link to the file download page. so if you paste such link in download managers they will simply download the html of that download page. Most link also requires you to click an action before the download starts ie. the real link is hidden till the action is done

For these links I am talking about, i do click the word download, which appears on that page, then after that, i copy and paste the link into the downloader. but it never download that file. please can u come again for me?

Yankees said:
For these links I am talking about, i do click the word download, which appears on that page, then after that, i copy and paste the link into the downloader. but it never download that file. please can u come again for me?
give me example of such sites let me explain to you 'cos I still have feelings your aren't pasting the direct link to the real file you wanna download (eg. ..........com/jkjkjkj.hmtl is the download page while ..........com/jkjkjkj.exe is the direct download link )