What's new

How 2remove d Single Featured Post from eleven40 Child Theme on Genesis Framwork

gurusmaker

Active Techie
It took me about 3 hours to figure out how to do this since there isn?t any topic on this on genesis framework support site and i can?t start reading all those long wikis on how to edit the eleven40 Child Theme , so I decided to try it out my self . I started by playing around the style.css , Functions.php and home.php finally I discovered the solution is in home.php which actually controls the look of every wordpress theme .

Now to remove the single featured post , increase the number of post that displays on eleven40 Child Theme, add more front-page features on your eleven40 Child Theme .  Just log in to your wordpress site running on eleven40 Child Theme + genesis framework and click on dashboard ==> click on appearance ==> from the drop-down window choose editor ==> from the right bar click on home.php ==>  from the now window you will see what to edit from this code 

Code:
<?php

remove_action( 'genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop' );
add_action( 'genesis_loop', 'eleven40_grid_loop_helper' );
/** Add support for Genesis Grid Loop */
function eleven40_grid_loop_helper() {

if ( function_exists( 'genesis_grid_loop' ) ) {
		genesis_grid_loop( array(
			'features' => 0,
			'feature_image_size' => 0,
			'feature_image_class' => 'alignleft post-image',
			'feature_content_limit' => 0,
			'grid_image_size'		=> 'grid-thumbnail',
			'grid_image_class'		=> 'alignnone',
			'grid_content_limit' => 250,
			'more' => __( '[Continue reading]', 'genesis' ),
			'posts_per_page' => 12,
		) );
	} else {
		genesis_standard_loop();
	}

}

genesis();

Now from this window you can simply disable the single featured post by changing  ?features? => 1, to  ?features? => 0, and increase the number of displayed post (posts per page) from 5 to something else by changing ?posts_per_page? => 5, to ?posts_per_page? => 9, or any number of your choice . You can see that from here you can control both the size & position of the featured images  .