What's new

Import all your .vcf contacts from memory storage to outlook on the go

zeal

De Techizard
Got stuck at a point because my android contact was all saved in my memory card when i tried to move them to outlook so I can easily synchronize them with my new htc device running micro-soft windows seven os  mobile I got stuck 'cos I have to move all of this contacts individually which will be so stressful or even almost impossible so I mailed a friend and he sent me this tutorial.

How to import all your .vcf contacts from your memory card and usb stick to microsoft outlook on the go

First create a folder on the root of the C: drive and name it VCARDS. Next copy all your individual vCard files (.vcf) to this newly created folder. Next open Outlook and click ALT + F11 to open the VBA editor.

Click TOOLS --> REFERENCES and then select Microsoft Scripting Runtime and Windows Script Host Object Model from the list and place checks in the box next to each and click OK.

Next click INSERT --> MODULE and copy and paste the code below into the blank module. Save and run the macro to automatically import and save all the individual files into Outlook.

Code:
Sub OpenSaveVCard()

Dim objWSHShell As IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShell
Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
Dim colInsp As Outlook.Inspectors
Dim strVCName As String
Dim fso As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim fsDir As Scripting.Folder
Dim fsFile As Scripting.File
Dim vCounter As Integer

Set fso = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set fsDir = fso.GetFolder("C:\VCARDS")

For Each fsFile In fsDir.Files

strVCName = "C:\VCARDS\" & fsFile.Name
    Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set colInsp = objOL.Inspectors
        If colInsp.Count = 0 Then
        Set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
        objWSHShell.Run strVCName
        Set colInsp = objOL.Inspectors
    If Err = 0 Then
            Do Until colInsp.Count = 1
                DoEvents
            Loop
            colInsp.Item(1).CurrentItem.Save
            colInsp.Item(1).Close olDiscard
            Set colInsp = Nothing
            Set objOL = Nothing
            Set objWSHShell = Nothing
        End If
    End If

Next

End Sub

work done you can now do you syn the usual way

while i searched through the net at first I got this tip for windows xp users just follow this little trick
WinXP has a program in Accessories called Address Book.
If you open this then you can drag and drop a multiple entry vcard file, or multiple vcard files from explorer into it.
Then you can export to another format. To get the address book into Outlook 2003 contacts, I ended up export to a Comma Seperated Text file (.csv) and then importing this into Outlook