What's new

Is It Possible To Register a Free Domain in 2023?

zeal

De Techizard
I decided to ask and answer this question for everyone to know because most people keep asking this same question over the years. And oddly enough, they never get satisfied with the answer they are about.

Is it possible to Register free domains? The answer is yes you can, and also no you cannot. Well, the answer is quite controversial and I am going to tell you why it is that way.
Our dictionary.com defines domain name as "a name owned by a person or organization and consisting of an alphabetical or alphanumeric sequence followed by a suffix indicating the top-level domain: used as an Internet address to identify the location of particular Web pages: Our domain name is the name of our school followed by .edu. Example www.techblogcom.com"

Following that definition, I would explain to you why I said yes it is possible to register a domain name free ; It is possible to register a free domain if the domain name is not a top level domain. That is you are using a free domain service such as blogger. Blogger is limited to blogging only.

Since a domain name is simply the location of particular web pages, then using free services, you can set the location of your web pages. A typical example of were you can register a free domain is 000webhost.com .

Using a free host doesn't give you totally access and most time they serve unauthorized ads on your web pages. It also comes with a prefix, for instance yoursite.000webhost.com and bloggerslodge.blogspot.com are examples of a free domain.

Now the second part; No it's not possible to register a free domain name. In this case, when I say domain, I mean a Top Level Domain(TLD). An example of a top-level domain is www.techblogcom.com .

A top level domain gives you totally control of what the domain can be used for and you control the ads. As I business or blog starting up, using a free domain can be detrimental to your business and blog, so its best to get a top level domain.
In conclusion, Registering a top-level domain is very cheap and you can get it for as low as $0.99 on Godaddy and Namecheap. I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to use the comment box