What's new

Permanently stop Blogger.com Blog from Redirecting to Country-Specific url

gurusmaker

Active Techie
Hey this is coming at a time when many blogspot.com users are thinking of migrating to wordpress.org . But before you do this can you please allow me to teach you "how to  Permanently stop Blogger.com Blog from Redirecting to Country-Specific url without using a custom domain"

Recently Giant Google, as most would know, redirects Blogger blogs to country-specific domains. For instance, if you open yourdomain.blogspot.com in your browser, you might be redirected to yourdomain.blogspot.in if you are located in India

The reason for giant google doing this is what I don't know and care less knowing but let me pragmatically outline what I think the demerit of such provocative action will do to your time - tasking blog

Now look at this =>    The social stats ? or Facebook Likes, Google  1s and Tweet counts ? for your blog stories may be diluted as the URLs for the same story become different from different visitors.
    You will have a similar problem if you are using an external commenting platform like Disqus or Facebook Comments.
    Also, if canonicalization isn?t implemented properly, it may cost you some Google juice as external websites may link to your country-specific pages.

Now let's move straight to getting this solved => Go to your blog (from www.blogger.com) ==> log in to the Blogger Dashboard and choose Template. ==> click the Edit HTML ==> Choose  Proceed
==> Right in the edit html window locate ==> the opening header tag <head> (not the closing header </head>)==> copy and paste this java script code
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
var blog = document.location.hostname;
var slug = document.location.pathname;
var ctld = blog.substr(blog.lastIndexOf("."));
if (ctld != ".com") {
var ncr = "http://"   blog.substr(0, blog.indexOf("."));
ncr  = ".blogspot.com/ncr"   slug;
window.location.replace(ncr);
}
</script>
just after the opening header tag <head>  ==> save and close the html editor
now you google pagerank , alexa rank etc. will remain intact as your blog is always served with yourdomain.blogspot.com