What's new

checking file system on y: one of your disk needs to be checked for consistency>

gurusmaker

Active Techie
funny enough I switched off my computer running microsoft windows 7 ultimate from the power button 'cos i was in a haste :D :D :D :D, when i came back to use the pc I switched it on only to see the weird thing (chkdsk running on startup) I once saw years back on a public cafe as seen in the image below:
disable-chkdsk-at-boot.png

Confused for a while , when waiting for it to finish the disk check so I can resume my work on the pc, I remembered the last time i went through those disk checking step was when I used "tune up utility 2012" a sort of register cleaning and system optimization software to check my drive for error.

How do I stop the disk checking utility from lunching each time I start up my computer

note: this works on all windows versions from xp and above even lower,

you can cancel the initial check if you 've gat no much time at that particle time then do the following to hide the continuous temporally
after the pc has come up to active desktop , on windows xp =>> hold windows logo key+r ===> type cmd===> hit enter ==> the cmd (command) window opens===>> for windows vista and above ===>> search for ==>> cmd ==>> hit shift+enter==> or right click and choose ==> run as administrator==> then enter this
Code:
chkntfs /X C:
  when c: is the drive that is being reported as dirty (mostly where the operating system is installed).
then when you have enough time you can now use
Code:
chkdsk /f /r c:
to allow the disk utility check through the five stages and repair any error / dirty on the drive. restart the computer and confirm the dirty or data error has been completely corrected by opening another command window (cmd) and entering this
Code:
fsutil dirty query x:
where x: is the drive reported with the error.

On another note professional software like pc tools, "Tune up utilities 2012" can take care of registry error and issues like  this for complete novice but better save some $$$ and learn the ones you can

hope this helps got another idea share with us