What's new

Websites Restri?tion

Yankees

New Techie
I hav a pc that people use it to  browse 0r access unecessary sites that i hates, is the any procedure/software that can b used to restrict site(s) that can only b accessed on that pc thus by blocking all nd enable 0nly ones u want then to use?

Yankees said:
I hav a pc that people use it to  browse 0r access unecessary sites that i hates, is the any procedure/software that can b used to restrict site(s) that can only b accessed on that pc thus by blocking all nd enable 0nly ones u want then to use?
you can use firewalls rules to restrict such sites or download any free firewalls app to do it

Yankees said:
I dont know the rules, May i get example(s) nd the settings involved to perform the t?sk?
enter the Windows Control Panel and open the "Windows Firewall" icon.=>
Select the "Settings" option in your firewall configuration utility. Some firewalls may call this the "Options" or even "Configure" menu option. This will bring up a list of programs and sites that are currently blocked from access, as well as a list of programs and sites that are currently allowed access to your network connection. => Select the "Add" button and add the URL of the website you don't want users of your computer to be able to access.

=>Click "OK." The URL of the website will appear on the list on screen and that website will be blocked from access on your computer by the firewall.

Yankees said:
It may not b all the sites that u may know, so how do i lets say disable all sites nd enable lets say 0nly 2 that u specify?Eg gmail.Com nd yahoo.Com
you can use content advisor from "content" in internet option to blog certain category of website (let's say adult sites) etc

Yankees said:
Is it present in all browsers nd how do we set them? I cant find in firefox nd 0pera...
for firefox use this link
Code:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=parental%20control
to add the extension for chrome , opera etc go to addon or extension page and search for
Code:
parental control
  You may wanna read this article here if you wanna blog all website from lunching via group policy proxy config